Let Me Show You Around
Hello, and welcome to my blog!
Your quality of life is the most important thing to me.
I won't blow smoke up your kilt and tell you that life is supposed to be easy. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
But the quality of life matters at every turn and in every corner of your experience here - you can enjoy much more satisfaction than you already do.
Most of my work as a coach has been centered on the areas of career, business, and creativity.
I have a nightmare of a resumé, but in this line of work, that's been more of a blessing than a curse. I have a broad palate of knowledge to draw from and the ability to understand the inside language of many industries and cultures. I am committed to using my gifts, talents, and experience to guide you through letting go of suffering and settling for less, to living a life of grand divine design- in love, work, and leisure.
The spectrum of life includes every shade of possibility. On any given day, we can go from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs without any rhyme or reason. And sometimes, we find ourselves living in a flattened, hazy state that's hard to see our way out of. As much as we'd like our roads to be more smooth and straight, the reality is hidden curves, ups and downs, and construction areas (especially in Colorado).
Life is perfect(ly) messy.
The times when I've found it helpful to reach out to my coaches, and I've had many, are the times when I feel like:
- My options are too limited, and I can't see a broader vision for myself.
- I'm unclear about my direction and unsure of what my next step should be.
- The ways I've been doing things have stopped working.
- I've lost the sense of my own boundaries, and it's negatively impacting my energy and relationships.
- I'm creating something new, and I need some outside perspective to test my assumptions.
- I'm not in alignment with my values and greater purpose in my activities.
This is just a partial list, but it's important for you to know that I, too, need to reach out sometimes. And my circle of trusted coaches, advisors, and friends is invaluable.
I'd like to be in that circle for you.
The guiding principles in my life:
- Each one of us is endowed with a unique quest, vision, values, and purpose for this life. It's not for others to determine, interpret, or decide for you. It's yours to discover and fulfill.
- Each one of us has a unique vocational calling that is more than just a set of marketable skills we've perfected. Our calling emerges when our giftedness is invoked in our communities and guided by our compassion to make a necessary difference in the world.
- Your work is a spiritual calling, and any suffering you experience in your work is an indicator that you may not be in alignment with your higher purpose. Love, joy, and energy flow to you when you're working in alignment, even if your job is a dirty one. Work within our calling is abundantly reciprocated.
- Most of us aren't meant to be in one place forever. Life has ways of moving us forward, and sometimes those ways include discomfort, dissatisfaction, disappointment, and discouragement. It's important to recognize these voices of spirit as much as the ones we like better, like delight, encouragement, and enthusiasm.
- Life happens in cycles. There is a season for literally every kind of experience. Sometimes we'll understand it. Many times we won't. Some stages of these life cycles are characterized as difficult, and they are indeed so. Seeing the difficulty as a part of the larger process instead of as a personal defect is one of the keys to staying emotionally and mentally healthy as we adjust to new circumstances.
I can't give you a well-packaged marketing reason to hire me. I trust you to trust yourself, and if you have any curiosity about how I might be able to breathe some new life into your vision, find a creative new pathway, or improve the quality of any area of your life, I invite you to have an hour of my time at no charge. Schedule your free coaching session at Your Best Next Step.
Here's where to find everything in my world...
Click on this image or link to discover the ways I show people how to get what they want through coaching.
I started offering online courses in 2007 and have watched the virtual learning industry explode since then. I recently started revising and re-releasing many of the courses I've made over the years. In the next few months, you'll see the course content in my school increase dramatically. Click the image above or this link to see what's already there.
I've had four different podcasts since 2010, and my latest is my favorite yet. Your Own Best Company is a podcast I started to support and encourage people who love working alone - the one-person companies, solopreneurs, and freelancers who value solitude as much as revenue. The show has been broadcasting since 2021 and keeps getting better and better. I also produce short solo broadcasts called The Virtual Coffee Break with Franklin Taggart. Click on the image or this link to listen and subscribe.
If your creative craft is central to your career or business, I'm sure you've been hearing a lot of rumors about AI and how it will impact our industries. Indeed, I'm working with some freelancers and solopreneurs who are already seeing disruptions to their business models that are directly related to AI. While I understand the panic, we need to understand that this technology is here to stay, and we're left with the challenges of adapting. Coming soon to this page will be an AI Impact Audit tool that you will be able to use to identify specific areas of your business and the kinds of disruption you're experiencing. The tool will also identify parts of your processes that could be helped by AI tech and potential opportunities connected to these improvements. Also, on this page, you can read a sample of the book I used ChatGPT to write that answers many of the questions you and I have about how artificial intelligence is anticipated to change things. Click on the image above or this link to go there.
I've been blogging for quite a while, and in the past few years, I've added a ton of audio and video content that can all be found on this blog. If you want to return to the main blog page from anywhere on this site, all you need to do is click on the header image at the top of every page. If you're looking for specific topics, there are a few ways to find them. If you're on a computer, the left side menu includes a search box, an alphabetical index, an archive by date, and a list of labels used to categorize blogs. If you're using a smartphone or device, this menu is found by tapping the three lines in the upper left corner of your screen. Click on the image above or this link for the alphabetical index.
I occasionally am asked if I still perform. I retired from music performance in the summer of 2022. I'm still writing a song here and there and recording when I can. You can still find my music website here: https://www.franklintaggartmusic.com/
I've owned a print-on-demand shop through CafePress since 2010, and it's still operating. There is so much merch here that you're going to want to spend several hours and lots of money there. Happy Work Stuff
If you're looking for my old podcast, The Reset, the episodes are still available everywhere you watch or listen, and they're on the Make Your Own Way Media page here: https://episodes.makeyourownwaymedia.com/
Thanks to these friends for inviting me onto their channels!
If you still haven't found what you're looking for, please use the contact form at the bottom of every page to reach out directly with your questions or requests.